Friday, January 18, 2008

My Friend With Sticks

Most people wake up everyday with a new feeling, a new day, new opportunities. I however woke up with sore groin and a sore butt. Who knew playing futsal can give your tush a battering. I can't help but remember the game last night, I was playing with my dad's colleague. Though I'm right footed, right wing is not a really a nice position for me. Despite that, I scored two goals both of which squirmed through the keeper's legs though I could swear that I was aiming for the goal and nothing else.

As I dragged my sore butt around, I remember today to be the day that Wei Xian departs for Perth. All those jokes about him going to New Zealand and milking cows, having aussie girls laugh at him for being short and thin-legged felt just like yesterday and now he is really going.

For someone who I knew for just one year, I'd say we got along pretty well. I have said this time and time again, but the thing I'm gonna miss the most about him going to Perth is that I'm not gonna have anybody to laugh at anymore and I mean that in the best possible way. He is not the brightest guy when it comes to pranks though he tries to play many and most of the time, he is the one who takes a beating when his pranks go bad. First, there was the time when he tries to fill his bottle cap with water to throw at me yet before he could do anything, tzin yung hit his hand and he wound up getting his own shirt wet. Then, there was the time when he tried to pull a prank I taught him. He wanted to make Nick follow his hand with Nick's eye and just when Nick did not expect it, he wanted to man check Nick like what I did to him. Unfortunately, just when he asked Nick to do that, Nick slapped him in the face. The laughters to this one never ended.

Then, there was the time when the whole class ganged up and took off his pants. Haha..it was fun having a nut like him in class. Now that he is off to Perth, I hope that we can still keep in touch and I can a chance to laugh at him and with him again in the future. I wish him all the best in all areas of life, since he is going to australia, a place known for ..well..lets just stop there shall we..hehe. Imaginary toast to Wei Xian, the guy who had thin sticks for legs and the one who ain't the brightest. And again, I mean that in the nicest possible way with good intentions. Kudos, my friend, you're a mate. Best of luck.

As we all hugged and joked at the airport when we were sending him off, I realised there will come a time in life where you will leave the people who were a big part of your life behind. You can only be thankful that you knew them and hope that your paths cross again in the future so that they can light up your life with fun and laughter the way they used to. In my case, probably laughter as I have found out that it is one of the few things that keep me going in life though a sore butt really doesn't help.

No comments: