Sunday, May 4, 2008

My Inconvenient Truth

The truth can be mortifying sometimes. War causing mindless and cold bloodshed, global warming and pollution causing the weather to become unpredictable (but mostly hot...). But to me, the most mortifying truth of all is this, Form 6 is about to start soon. *Man falling off a cliff: NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo*

That truth struck me when I was chatting with Tushy Tan...No disrespect meant brother =). After so many months of relaxation and having no cause for anxiety or stress, its all finally coming to an abrupt end. I feel life is too paradoxical, during the holidays, I missed school and my friends and a small part of me wanted to go back to school, now that the holiday is about to end, I don't want it to end, I suddenly don't mind staying at home and not studying. Like that boy in tennis training's mom said, how many rocket scientist do you need? (She was cool, she is british and speaks with "la"s and "aduh"s in it)

But then talking Tushy Tan (haha no disrespect bro..if you happen to read this, c'mon... nobody knows who you really are, and you gotta admit thats a pretty solid nickname), I realised it might not be so bad after all. We are gonna have girls for classmates too and we have to just pray to the almighty that they are hot and friendly and not too into studying.( Inner voices yells: And have low self esteem too!!! Conscious mind replies: Shut up!) Gestures to self, on the right hand, beautiful girls who are really friendly; on the left hand not-so-good-looking girls who are totally into studying and achieving good results and can be my study partner. Whats that, right hand? Left hand sucks. Hah, WORD!!!

So now with about 2 weeks or less left, I guess I have to cherish every moment and grab life by the scruff of the neck and just enjoy it as much as I can. Just like Barney (Not purple Dino) said: Our forefathers died for the pursuit of happiness, not the sit-and-wait for happiness. You gotta grab life by the crack and lick the crap out of it. I guess you gotta live every moment like its your last cause you just don't know what might waiting around in the corner for you in this life.

Inner voice sniggers: You watch kiddy shows.
Conscious mind : Shut up. My reasoning and ideas are something that is too complicated for a pea brain like yourself to understand.
Inner voice retaliates: Thats not fair!! I'm a part of you too.
Conscious mind: I'm sorry..whats that? You gotta get somebody to translate for you cause I don't understand or speak fluent moron!
Inner voice : Now thats just low.

Peace people. Sorry to bother y'all with my inner struggle.

No comments: